“I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells.”
Why, thank you Dr. Seuss, so do we. And what better way to add zing to the brain than to have colours awesomed all over the place. In our world, we can have a mauve sun and raspberry clouds. Hair, clothes, walls, furniture or shoes – colours have the power to take them to another level. That’s why we need to go beyond and experiment. Yes, it’s a thing.
So without further ado, let’s start playing with colours.
The question is how to go about it…
To get your thinking caps on, we have put together some colour trends that are all ripples, splash and waves. That said, whichever colours you choose to play with, ought to be a reflection of your personality and shouldn’t be chosen to please others.
Also, have you ever wondered what exactly is a trend? A generic definition would be that a trend is merely lots of people following a single thing. And since we are just not about following, we’re about walking at our own pace, let’s step aside whether or not these different colour combos are trending.
Warning: Forget about playing it safe.
So, here goes a colourful palette of 5:
1. Muted greens and fiery reds – If a dash of greenery with a bloom of red looks good on nature, then why not on you?
2. Wine and purple – Throw these eccentric ones together… let their be fun!
3. Aqua blue, lavender and teal – For those times when we whisper sweet nothings.
4. Yellow and mint green – Because I want it that way. And, once in a while, I like to give red a rest from being the bright one. Night, night red. Hey sunshine.
5. Black and green – Try it and keep tossing which one is dominant. Go ahead with any shade… of green.
5 ‘buts’ of colour combos
Like with every good thing, this list also comes with a ‘but’. Lucky for you, the ‘but’ doesn’t come with rough edges.
1. Don’t think of this as an unusual colour hackathon. Simply put, don’t go all over the place making weird combos.
2. If it hurts the eye, remove.
3. Larry Tesler invented the copy paste command for a purpose different from colour combo. Making up colours is a trial and error thing and not a copy from here and there stuff.
4. Ask why before you start combining. Is the purpose to create a visual feast, be daring, look different or suit the mood? Clarity is a much-needed rarity.
5. And lastly, don’t be so serious. Play.
Wrapping it up…
So, there’s never an end to nonsense. It’s an unlimited edition. Till we meet again, keep nonsensing.